Characteristics of R-Matala
Rolled Matala Cartridges for Round Filter Tanks
Introducing R-Matala®, the perfect "drop in" media for Vortex filters and barrel filters.
R-Matala® has the same qualities as the sheets of Matala in a coiled pre-cut cartridge. Simply select the diameter roll and the density you need for your round tank and drop it in. R-Matala® will naturally wedge in place without any need for support.
NO CUTTING, NO WASTE, NO HASSLE!
Four sequential densities can be perfectly employed to achieve maximum solids / biofiltration.
Each roll is 6 inches thick with a tremendous potential to trap dirt and yet is super easy to clean. Simply drain the waste out your bottom drain and gently pour pond water over the R-Matala®.
The open structure of the media provides excellent flow-through without channeling. Since most round tanks are also rather tall you can stratify the R-Matala® in sequential layers to make best use of the chamber.
NO DEAD ZONES, NO CHANNELING!
Seven diameters are available: 22"; 24"; 27"; 30"; 37"; 42" and 48 inch.
Other diameters are available upon special request
Look no further!
This is the absolute best filter media for round filter tanks!
R-Matala® is the only filter media MADE for Vortex Filter Systems!
- "Drop-in" fit for a quick no hassle installation.
- High surface area per cu. ft
- High free volume for smooth even water flow.
- 4 densities allow step-wise transition from mechanical to biological filtration.
- A high number of interstitial spaces in the tri-dimensional matrix of the filter media improves an early and even growth of bacteria.
- Very resistant to plugging. Non-channeling.
- Easy Cleaning.
- Self supporting.
- Non-toxic to the environment; made of Thermo-polypropylene compounds.
- Light weight.
- Slightly flexible compared to sheets of Matala®.
- Versatile and durable.
|Matala Color||Biological surface area |
for microbial growth
% open space
|Black||62 square feet per cubic foot||92%|
|Green||96 square feet per cubic foot||93%|
|Blue||124 square feet per cubic foot||94%|
|Gray||171 square feet per cubic foot||94%|